International Summer School on Remote Sensing
We are happy to invite you to take part in the International Summer School on Remote Sensing hosted by the Junior Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
If you have always dreamed of seeing our planet from a bird's eye view, exploring all corners of the world without leaving your home, conducting research, and preserving nature in all its beauty for future generations – you are the one we are looking for!
What you will learn:
- What is Remote Sensing? How do satellites, aircraft, and UAVs take thousands of Earth's Images every day? What is the Copernicus Academy of the European Space Agency and how can it help you to become a real researcher?
- Types of satellites orbiting our planet and the purposes they are used for.
- What are the differences between satellite imagery and which images suit your purposes the best? What is a spectral curve and how is sunlight reflected from different types of surfaces?
- Color theory. How to combine different colors in satellite images to see what people would never see with their naked eyes.
- Mathematical calculations, which should be made using images to analyze the condition of forests, soil moisture, or the consequences of large fires (don’t be afraid of mathematics, it's not difficult).
We know it has been a difficult year and you are tired of endless online classes at schools, so we will practice a lot!
We will show you Earth Observation Browser of the European Space Agency which you can use for the following purposes:
- Downloading images from different satellites
- Analyzing images using various tools
- Visualizing your results to share them globally.
You will also receive a clear guide on how to explore various natural features in your home country. At the end of the Summer School, you will be able to share your successes with your colleagues ... yes, you got it right. Following completion of the course, you can introduce yourself as a young expert in remote sensing!
When: June 21-26
School language: English (Intermediate and above).
Age of participants: 14-17 years
To register, fill in the registration form by clicking on the link by June 1st.
Hurry up to register – the number of participants is limited.
If you have any questions, feel free to write us: email@example.com.